So many things are going on right now, I just never take the time to sit down and blog anymore. Most of my spare time was being wasted on Facebook, so I have decided to give it up for Lent (if you are reading this on FB it is because my blog is automatically uploaded there). It was distracting me from much more important things in my life. I decided that I needed to stop wasting my time and refocus on the areas of my life God wants me to be working on -- mainly my relationship with Him and my relationships with Lily and Wyatt.
Winter has been difficult for me both mentally and emotionally. I have been stuck in a pit of sadness, loneliness, and self-pity. I need a change of pace! I have been looking for an opportunity to get away, to find some sunshine, and to create some new memories with Lily and Wyatt. So, we are getting ready for another vacation to Disney in just a couple of weeks. Our friend (and awesome babysitter), Erin, will be joining us because there was no way I was going to tackle flying and vacationing at Disney World with two three year olds by myself! We will spend three full days in the parks and I am super excited to be able to do even more with the kids than we did last year.
I am also really excited about the opportunity to raise awareness and funds for Cystic Fibrosis through Great Strides. I have officially restarted the "Sweeney Striders" team for this year's walk in Grand Rapids. I have been overwhelmed by the amount of support that I have already received from people joining me in the walk and from the donations given (if you are interested in joining me on the walk or in sponsoring me click here). I have plans in the works (well, just in my head right now) for t-shirts for the Sweeney Striders that will set us apart from other teams as well as honor Ryan's life!
Lily and Wyatt are doing fairly well, other than the colds, coughs, and fevers (Lily) they have been fighting. It is so hard to believe that in a few weeks they will be turning 4! I am ready to be done with "3" and all of its challenges, but I am not ready for them to be heading to school. If only there was a slow motion button on life!
And lastly, here is a video of one of my favorite songs right now, "Unredeemed" by Selah. I love the message that it sends, a message of hope in the promises God has made to redeem the things of this world that hurt so much. It is a great reminder to me that God sees and knows the pain in my heart, especially as Ryan's birthday approaches.
2 comments:
Oh Kristin,
Thank you for the kind words you posted on my blog...Im doing my best to take off the 'mask' and learn all about me - the new me, the changed me.
I am so happy to hear that you and the kiddos are going to Disney! How exciting. We decided that we are going (for sure) this October. We are going the last week for Libby's angel day, my b-day and possibly Halloween. We are hoping to do something very special while we are there for our little angel ;0) im excited about this trip. We are even trying make ammends with our families now - so we decided to invite my family on the trip. They are so excited to see the girls faces at Disney - hopefully it will mend some of the hurts from the past!
Anyway. Im so happy that you will all get a break from the 'doom and gloom' of winter and feel some sunshine on your skin. How wonderful!!! Where did you all stay last time? Where will you stay this time?
Love and hugs..and many prayers dear friend!!!!
Kelly
Kristin,
I have been thinking about you a lot lately. Please know you, Lily, and Wyatt are in my prayers. I am praying that the Lord would give you all that you need, comfort on rough days, His strong arms to surround you, His peace to fill your heart and hope for the future.
I am so glad that you are taking the kids to Florida. I just got back a couple of weeks ago and the sunshine and fun really did help me:) I pray it will be a wonderful time of enjoying your precious kiddos.
I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you all, especially as Ryan's birthday approaches.
Sara
Post a Comment