Sunday, August 2, 2009

God Can!

Yesterday was a difficult day. Thank you to everyone for their encouragement and their prayers! God has given me a new perspective this morning! :)

I was reading about the story of the 12 spies of Israel going into the land of Canaan (Numbers 13). Caleb and Joshua were the only 2 who believed that they could conquer the land -- and not by their strength, but by the strength of the Lord. The 10 unbelieving spies were able to convince the Israelites that it could not be done, that the land could not be conquered. Because of those who did not believe God, the Israelites wandered in the desert for 40 years.

I want to be like Caleb and Joshua. I want to believe God's promises to me. I want to be faithful to the plan God has orchestrated for my life. I do NOT want to wander in the desert for 40 years. For reasons unknown to me, God has brought me to this season of my life. He has a purpose for me in being a single mom and a widow. He will be glorified by my life if I trust in him and believe in his promises. I cannot do life on my own. The daily routine of being a single mom is going to require strength that I do not have. But God has the strength for me!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Well said Kristin!!

I am SO glad that God restored your weary and tired heart. I just read this and thought of everything you and I are going through;

Psalm 23:
The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.

He let me rest in green meadows;
Hel eads me beside peaceful streams.

He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.

Even when I walk
through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.

Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.

Your prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.

You honor me by anointing my head with oil.

My cup overflows with blessings.

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.

Praising God that because of his great love for us, we can always make it through another day!!

I love you dear friend - praying you were able to sleep well last night and today is filled with his love and joy!!

HUGS

Kelly

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

I'm a mama to a Caleb and a Joshua...

And you living out the faith-courage of a real-life Caleb-And-Joshua deeply inspires...

Know this morning I whisper prayers for you... to find more Jesus-courage to keep stepping into the Promised Land...

He has plans for you, to give you a future and a hope...

All's grace,
Ann

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I am new to your blog but want to go back and read more....What a sweet post....Jesus loves you...so simple...so profound

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers