Saturday, August 1, 2009

Weary

Today I am weary. The day-to-day tasks seem overwhelming: getting the kids ready for the day, cleaning the house, referring two toddlers, running errands, making dinner, bathing the kids, putting the kids to bed. I feel worn out, both mentally and physically. I often wonder if every mom feels this way or if it is just a "side effect" of being a single mom.

I must admit that I am sick of it! I am sick of: feeling stressed, facing fears, making choices, doing it alone and being alone. I know that there are people who will help, that there are people who do help (which I am extremely grateful for). But in the end, it is "just" me.

I know I am just feeling sorry for myself today. I know I need to "snap out of it" and keep moving forward in God's strength; the same strength that has brought me this far. But, for just this moment, for this day, I am weary.

3 comments:

Kellee said...

=(

Lots of prayers for u!!

Kori said...

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7

I am praying for peace from the wearyness. Love you and you know hwere to find me if you wanna talk.

The Kings said...

We all feel that way, but I am sure you experience it in an exaggerated way. May God pull you to himself, your ultimate strength.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers