I have been struggling on so many levels lately.
The lonliness of the being a widow and single mom is still overwhelming.
I am constantly searching for what God has in store for me. In some ways, I feel like life has been at a stand still since Ryan died. I want to move forward in God's plan for me, but I don't know where forward is or what it looks like.
I am weary. The daily routines are wearing me down. Being consistent in discipline and intentional with my children is tiring.
I am also struggling with issues that others are having to face. There seems to be so much hurt and pain happening all around me over the past few weeks. Family and friends have had to hear difficult news and seek God's strength, peace, and wisdom. The world has watched as Haiti has faced devastation from major earthquakes with thousands feared dead.
As I hear about these tragedies and as I continue to face life as a widow and single mom, I can't help but think about how life wasn't meant to be this way. Sin has entered this world and because of it we all face sadness, sickness, natural disasters, struggles, and death. I am reminded that this world is not my home -- I am desperately longing for Jesus' return.
4 comments:
Oh Kristin..im longing for His return too!!
I had a HORRIBLE week (1000's of tears), feeling like nobody understood, there was no where to turn...etc - you know what im talking about...
I simply cannot imagine what you must be going through hun. I desperately wish I could be there to physically help you manage the day to day grind...just to give you a break!
We will never understand all of the *why's and what if's* - somehow, someway we must trust in His plan in all of this. We must trust and keep hope alive for a 'brighter tomorrow' through Christ. There are times when I feel like I am pushed to the limit - where I cannot move another inch and then I wonder how on earth people deal with such heartache without knowing God!?!?! If im struggling to get by, how on earth are they doing it? I honestly don't know...
Please know we will continue to pray for you Kristin! Feel free to email if you need to vent...
Love and hugs sweet friend.
Kel
as always...you are in my thoughts and my heart. praying for you my friend!
Kristin,
My heart goes out to you. I can relate to the feeling of knowing... This is just not how it was meant to be. I too long for the day when all things will be as they should be, when the Lord returns. Come Lord Jesus Come. I love my life, but there is a longing there now for eternity that is so much stronger than before.
I will be praying Kristin that the Lord would lighten the burden you are feeling... that He would carry it for you. That He would sustain you in this journey!
Praying for you friend.
Sara
i don't know what to say except I CARE! You are in my thoughts...
Jen
Post a Comment