Monday, August 6, 2007

And So It Begins...

FOOTBALL. The beloved sport of my husband, Ryan, is almost upon us. This is the time of year that so many men (and women) look forward to all year. I actually think that Ryan anticipates this almost as much as he does Christmas. This upcoming weekend, Ryan will make the trek to Illinois to participate in his Annual Fantasy Football Draft with friends. While the football season doesn't officially begin until September, Ryan and many other members of his league begin planning their draft strategies in July.




I am sure there is a great reason to enjoy watching people try and crush each other while running a little ball down the field, but I have yet to discover it. I do not know the important plays, players or positions. I do however know that it is important to choose a team who will cause you great emotional distress when they do not make those all important plays or while those all important players get tackled by members of someone else's favorite team. It still baffles me the amount of emotion that can be shown during a 3 hour time period! Needless to say, Ryan's favorite team is the Chicago Bears. Thanks to cousin Emily, Lily will be donning the Bears colors this fall in an attempt to support her Daddy. I am sure that both Lily and Wyatt will have a greater understand of football than I ever will. GO, BEARS, GO!

Note: These pictures show Lily displaying some of the emotions that all Bears Fans will probably display at some point this season from cheering them on during a Punt Return to great despair during a fumble and interception by the opposing team.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers