Sunday, August 26, 2007

Curve Balls in the game of LIFE


Sometimes life throws a curve ball or two. It was only 6 months ago that we moved out of my parents house and into our own "house". We knew that our townhouse wasn't the greatest, but we have done our best to make it a home for our family; a place where Lily and Wyatt would be safe and have fun playing. We have had our ups and downs there. Yesterday was a MAJOR down. I was at the computer, Ryan was in the shower, and the kids were playing on the living room floor (as they do almost all the time they are awake). I noticed something weird looking by the slider door right by the kids toys. It was a MUSHROOM!!!! I do not mean outside the door, I mean inside! Yes, that is right -- there are mushrooms growing up through our carpet inside our house! I put the kids up in their room and went to check it out more closely. The biggest mushroom was 1 1/2 inches tall and there were two others starting to peek out. I went up and told Ryan, called the landlord (who is out of town for the weekend) and then called my mom. My parents told us to pack some stuff, they were coming to get us -- we were not staying there any longer until this gets figured out. Staying was not really an option considering Ryan's health -- mold, fungus, etc. don't really fit well with CF. We packed some essentils and moved back into my parents house. My mom and I went back last night and the big mushroom had grown to almost 4 inches (in only 8 + hours). It seems weird to ask you to pray about a mushroom, but this is not a condition suitable to live in. I am waiting to hear back from the landlord, but right now we are just thankful to God that my parents are willing to have us back. :)

4 comments:

Kandy said...

Oh my goodnes!!! I can't believe that! I will be praying for you guys! I know first hand what a blessing parents can be, living with them isn't so bad:) We have been here with my parents for going on 6 months so you can do it:) Take a picture of the shroom i want to see it;) I know its not funny but sort of is (in a sad way!!) Keep me posted!!
Love you,
Kandy

Stefanie Schocke said...

Kristin-
My mom told me about this yesterday! (She heard when she was at your grandma's). We were SHOCKED! How is Ryan feeling?? My goodness...how scary...praise the Lord the kids didn't see it and try to eat it or anything. I will pray for the "mushroom" :) - on a serious note, I will pray that the Lord will provide!

Kristin said...

Thanks, Ladies! It is funny, scary, and insane all at the same time. Thankfully it has been taken care of -- hopefully.

ken and sue said...

Kristin,I'm so glad that God is providing for all of you. Your kids are sooo precious!God bless,
Karalin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers