Saturday, May 3, 2008

DADDY!!!

Ryan was finally able to see the kids after 6 weeks apart! It was great to see him with the kids, but he did get tired out quickly. Wyatt was a little unsure of things -- I am not sure if it was Ryan's tubes or Jim and Matt (nurse and tech). He loved giving Daddy hugs and kisses as long as Mommy was holding him. Lily just sat in Daddy's lap the whole time. She would just look up at him and smile! We were able to give them their birthday presents (what was bought before Ryan got sick anyway).

Ryan had another extremely difficult morning. He did not end up being able to stay on trach mask until mid-afternoon. There was definitely an issue with anxiety, but there was also an issue with his lungs. His right lung was not moving a lot of air around. They ordered a chest x-ray and they also got a sputum culture. There maybe a different infection growing in his lungs, but as long as he is able to be on trach mask for a minimum of 10 hours (adjusted by Dr. Ojo) as well as get up and do his walking relisting should not be a problem. Please pray that the doctors get things figured out quickly and that Ryan is able to keep up his strength despite this possible setback. Dr. Ojo did tell us that she is planning on relisting Ryan on Monday morning -- yeah! Please, please, please, keep praying!

Here is a link to a bunch of pictures from today....Ryan was very tired when he saw the kids because of the difficult morning, but his numbers were great while he was with them. Also, the kids LOVE being outside and they enjoyed smelling the tulips.

May 2008

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I am sure that being together as a family was the most special day. I can't imagine how excited and tired Ryan must have been with finally getting to see the kiddos. Lily's hair has gotten so long! We continue to pray for Ryan (and you and the kids!) all the time. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Valerie said...

Today's blog is such a true testimony of God's faithfulness and love for his children. You are loved far more than you can ever imagine, by a God who is bigger than anything!
I miss you and the kiddos...thanks for sharing the pictures! I love you very much!

Stefanie Schocke said...

I'm so glad that Ryan got to see the kids!!! I was praying that he would be able to visit with them! I love the pictures of the kids in the tulip garden- beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers