Monday, April 6, 2009

attitude adjustment

I have been in need of an attitude adjustment for the past month. I have been in a pit of feeling sorry for myself. I have focused on all the things that I don’t have in this life, rather than on the gifts that God has given to me. I have focused on my loneliness and the great ache in my heart, rather than on the joy and laughter of my children and the comfort of my family and friends.

Today is a new day. Today is the day that I am going to choose to change my attitude. I am going to look for the beauty in the ashes. I am going to focus on the blessings that God has given to me. I am going to rejoice in the fact that I have a God who loves me and who has given me hope for my future. I am going to enjoy the life that God has given me TODAY and not dwell in the past or focus on the future. Today is the day that I will remind myself that Jesus is MORE than enough for me!

It has been 10 months today since Ryan died. I will continue to press on. I will continue to rest in the hands of my heavenly Father. I will continue to see the blessings that God has given to me. That is what I need to do; that is what Ryan would want me to do.

If you need some encouragement, head over to Bring The Rain and listen to the song Unredeemed. It is Selah's new song (not released yet and only available on Angie's site for a few days), that speaks about God's work in redeeming the desperate and difficult situations in our lives...God is so GOOD, so LOVING and so FAITHFUL!!!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Lam. 3:22-23 AMEN!!!
What a perfect week for all of us to dwell on Him and not ourselves. He gave it ALL for us! Praise Him, praise him!

Danielle in MO said...

Kristin.... you are doing an amazing job moving forward... Lily and Wyatt are so lucky to have you as their mom.... Keeping you in prayer!! always!

Kandy said...

I love you, will be praying for you! We ALL need this attitude adjustment I think. Stay in His grip!

Rose Alane said...

Keep trudging forward! So amazed by your ability to allow God work in and through you. You really do have so many blessings to enjoy... Enjoy them. You're doing great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers