Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fear or Rebellion?

I am trying to determine if Wyatt is afraid of the dark or if he is just going through a rebellious phase. I am thinking it might be a combination of both. I believe that he was truly afraid last week before we got his new night light. His cries, his words, his actions all pointed towards fear.

However, with the new night light in his room (which fully lights up his room and part of mine if both our doors are open), he seems to be testing how far he can push me and my concern for his fears. He has a little whimper cry that he does as I am about to shut his door each night. At first it was both cute and kind of sad, now I am starting to think it is fake -- how do they learn these things?

This phase is going to take a lot of patience on my part, something I do not always have. I want to sympathize with his fears, but I don't want to feed into his mommy-testing game if that is what he is in fact trying to do. I will continue to ask God for discernment and patience in raising my toddlers and I will continue to ask you all for prayers as well!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

praying for you (and Wyatt!!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers