Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Crazy in Chicago

We went to Chicago this past weekend to celebrate Ryan's Grandma's 75th Birthday. Life of course never goes as smoothly when we are not at home. Naps were non-existent and nighttime sleep was difficult to achieve, but the time with family and friends was refreshing. Wyatt and Lily did well considering their empty sleep accounts.

During the day on Friday we were able to spend time with friends who we haven't seen in quite awhile. We were also able to make a quick trip up to see Grammy at work (this in lieu of naps -- the kids choice, not Mommy's). At night we went out to Grandpa Sweeney's. He treated the kids to some new toys and Ryan and I to Chinese from my favorite restaurant.

Saturday was jam packed with visits to family and friends and more driving around in the car to achieve some level of napping. The kids went in a "real" pool for the first time -- Lily LOVED it and Wyatt did pretty well all things considered. Saturday evening was the celebration for Grandma.

Sunday morning found us once again at Grammy Sweeney's with family for breakfast. We then loaded up and headed out for our trip home. It was a quiet car ride with two sleeping babies. What a beautiful sound! :)

Side note: People need to learn to read on the toll roads. We had to actually back up several time on the highway because people kept getting in I-Pass only lanes.

2 comments:

Kandy said...

Kristin,
I am so glad you are doing this, its really fun. I am happy to have gotten to see you last weekend!! It was much needed! I miss you lots! Keep posting:)
Love you all!!
Kandy

Kristen said...

Yeah for another blogger! And Amen to reading the I-Pass signs at the toll booth. It CLEARLY states that the lanes are for I-Pass only, and we saw half a dozen cars backing up on I-90 and going the wrong direction to try and get in the toll booth lanes. How hard is it to read?! Kevin and I made the same comments as you did as we experienced the same thing heading both in and out of Chicago.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers