Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ryan


I usually use the blog to update about Lily and Wyatt, but I know there are many people out there who wonder about Ryan too. I just wanted to let you all know that is about to head in to the hospital for his quarterly tune-up. While this is a good thing for him health-wise, it is always difficult emotionally (for all 4 of us).

Ryan will again be going to the hospital in Grand Rapids (Spectrum Downtown) on Friday, Sept. 28. I am glad that he will be close again and not in Chicago, but it is still difficult to have him gone for 2 weeks, and it will be a full two weeks this time (sometimes it is only 10 days). I am sure that the kids and I will make several trips to see him, but it is still not the same as having him home. The kids will miss their playmate (they get so excited when he comes home from work) and I will miss having my husband around (and adult conversation). This is a fact of our life, but it does not get any easier. I am not sure if it is the fact that he is going in at the start of a weekend or what, but it seems much harder this time.

Also, with this hospital stay, the plan (in our minds at least) is that they will be doing some of the preliminary testing for the transplant evaluation. We think that we will be heading to the University of Michigan sometime in the next month to have the evaluation done. Our best guess is that Ryan will be put on the "inactive" transplant list. This is good....it will allow him to easily be transitioned to the "active" list should the need arise, but it also means that he is too healthy to go "active".

Again we thank God for the great insurance that the state of Michigan provides to adults (and kids) with CF. They cover most of our CF related bills that are not covered by our regular insurance. We also thank God for all of you and for your prayers of support.
Thank you, thank you, God!!!
Note: Wyatt was attacking Ryan one of the days that he was home sick last week. Wyatt had also just said "Daddy" for the first time. It was a really good moment!

1 comment:

Kandy said...

We will be praying for all four of you as this time comes and during the two weeks. Kristin, you can call me anytime for adult conversation, I would love some during the day too; ) Also, tell Ryan he can call Woody if he needs some comfort if the Cubs keep stinkin it up. We love you guys!!!
Kandy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers