Monday, January 7, 2008

HELP!!!

Okay, I need the advice and wisdom of other moms (or dads). Lily has been waking up about 45 minutes into her nap for WEEKS! She wakes up screaming and most days I cannot get her to go back to sleep. She acts tired and yawns as she cries, but she just won't sleep. I have tried changing nap time. I have tried changing the time that she eats lunch. I have tried letting her cry it out (with Wyatt in the room). I have tried rocking her back to sleep. Nothing seems to work and I am frustrated. I am frustrated for Lily because I know that she needs more sleep (although she is usually happy even when tired). I am frustrated for myself because I cherish the quiet time I get during naps. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin
My only advise is just to wait out the storm. Just when you think you have your kids figured out they with change on you again. If the things you have tried have not worked, then you just have to wait for Lily to figure it out.
In the meantime, hang in there
april

Stefanie Schocke said...

That is frustrating! I agree with April...once you figure them out they change again! Is she getting teeth or something? I know sometimes they have a hard time sleeping when the reach developmental milestones.

My only suggestion is put her to bed a little earlier to make up for the sleep she is losing. (I read "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Marc Weissbluth- best book ever!). So maybe an earlier bedtime until she catches up would help. The poor thing is probably so tired.

Valerie said...

A long, warm bath helps me...smiling

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers