Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Update

I have received a few emails regarding Ryan's health and I just wanted to let you all know the latest.

Ryan has been going into work for "1/2" days since last week Wednesdays. He got a portable oxygen conserver that he is able to carry with him; this allows him to continue using oxygen while at work. He is glad to be back and work and is ready to be able to go back at a more full time level. He does a lot of work from home too, which is great for him. We are not sure exactly how long the "part-time" work will continue, but we are extremely thankful that God has provided a job for Ryan where his employers are so flexible.

He also began his exercise program today. It was a 2 hour evaluation of strength, conditioning, lifestyle, etc. They also had him do a 6-minute walk to give them an idea of what his heart rate and oxygen level will do with some exercise. He will continue going to this facility every Tuesday and Thursday for the next 8 weeks. They will help him with exercises to improve his posture (a side effect of a lung disease) and rib cage flexibility. He will also work with someone else on different cardio exercises. We are working on getting an exercise bike here at home so that he can do all he needs to here at home after the 8 weeks.

The kids and I are doing well; we are adjusting to this new part-time schedule. I am watching a friend's kids 3 days a week. Lily and Wyatt love having Ethan and Molly over to play and I think it is good for them to have some interaction with older kids.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support and prayers!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers