"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire you will not be burned; and the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:2
It seems as though we are once again going through the waters and the rivers and walking through the fire. It has been a tough day with difficult news. Thankfully, Ryan is still listed as a transplant candidate. I am so grateful to God for that news and hoping, praying, and begging God that tonight will be the night for new lungs!
Ryan had to go up to 100% oxygen this morning because he was not oxygenating well. It is now down to 80% and the doctors are once again throwing everything in the book at Ryan. They are starting several new antibiotics by mouth and those will start going in through the IV tomorrow -- they are using today to get as much fluid off Ryan as possible. Dr. Ojo is fighting to keep everyone on the same page and to keep Ryan activated on the list.
I have only one plea to all of you, please, please, please pray. I know you are, but please don't stop.
2 comments:
Hi Kristin,
You won't even know who I am. I grew up at the Free Church and only vaguely remember Ryan, but found out about your site from the Downeys. Anyway, I wanted you to know and be encouraged by the fact that there are countless people praying for you, Ryan and your precious children, people you don't even know (I just emailed a prayer request for you guys to a bunch of my friends and family.) You are greatly loved --
Carrie Zamorano (Mondy)
Kristin,
Ryan's mom is in our small group. Please know there are people in Algonquin and Crystal Lake praying for you...you don't know us, but we are joining the host of others praying.
Love,
HB and Kathy
Post a Comment