Today I am thankful for my grief. That may sound like a strange thing to be thankful for, but it is true. It does not mean that I am thankful that Ryan is gone. Today has been a hard day. I have missed him tremendously. At points today I have wanted to scream because it has hurt so much. I still wonder what God's purpose was for taking Ryan to heaven rather than giving him his new lungs here. That being said, I am grateful for the way my grief is changing me. I have become stronger. I have changed how I view a lot of things in this world; it has changed how I view heaven. I hope that it is making me a better person. My grief has drawn me closer to my Savior and for that I am thankful.
I am also filled with gratitude towards the people at 5/3rd. I went to lunch today with one of the women from there. She brightened my day and she was genuinely excited to be spending time with us. We talked about Ryan. We laughed at Lily and Wyatt's antics. We just had a good time. The people at 5/3rd continue to overwhelm me with their love for our family.
1 comment:
you, my dear, are an amazing and incredible woman!
Post a Comment