Friday, November 21, 2008

Day 15

Today I was blessed with a wonderful gift. A young woman from our church donated a few hours of her time so that I could get out of the house for a little while. It was such a huge gift.

When she first approached me regarding this, I had a hard time accepting it. I am not good at accepting help, I tend to think that I can do everything myself and I don't want to be an inconvenience to anyone. But over the last 5 1/2 months, I have come to the realization that I cannot do it all on my own. Yes, God gives me the strength to do all of the things he has set before me, but he also provides people to help me out, to give me breaks.

So, tonight I am thankful for this young woman and her generous heart!

4 comments:

Michele said...

Big pat on your back for accepting her help and taking time for yourself!!! XO to Lily and Wyatt.

Christy said...

That's great that you are able to accept the help offered to you by others. I have had the same problem over the years, and have only recently learned to graciously say "yes, I'll take that help". Glad you were able to get some time to yourself.

Kelly said...

You are so RIGHT! God does put people in our path to help us on our journey! Im so glad you mentioned that because at our bereaved parents support group the other night, a lady volunteered to watch the girls so Brett and I could go out to dinner and do some Christmas shopping for the kids.. in my mind I was honestly thinking "oh goodness..I dont want to be an inconvenience to her..."! lol So I am very glad that you mentioned this today - I will now take her up on her wonderful offer for a night out to renew my spirit!! I hope you are having a good day today. Im feeling so much better emotionally then I was yesterday. Praise God! :o)
P.S. Do you mind sending me your home address. You can email it to me if you feel comfortable doing that..my email is momleavingalegacy@yahho.com
Thanks so much Kristin!!!
God bless

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

it is so hard for me to ask for and accept help too! i am glad you did and were able to get out for a bit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers