"If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." Daniel 3:17-18
The verses above were sent to me today to encourage me. I relay them here to encourage you.
God was ABLE to heal Ryan.
God DID heal Ryan.
God's plan for Ryan's life was different than my plan for Ryan's life.
God's healing for Ryan was not what I, or any of you, wanted. I wanted Ryan to be healed here on this earth. I wanted to receive a phone call telling us that Ryan's new lungs were waiting. I wanted Ryan to come home from the hospital and I wanted our new lives to begin.
God said that is not my plan. God said that it was Ryan's turn to come "home". God is still using Ryan today, but it is through his death and the impact of his life had on so many.
Just as Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego trusted in God's plan for their lives, I too trust in God's plan for my life. I don't know where he is taking me. I don't know what he has in store for me. But I do know this: GOD IS GOOD, GOD LOVES ME, GOD IS FAITHFUL, GOD WILL USE ME IF I LET HIM.
I will not turn from Him even though I may not fully understand His ways this side of heaven.
4 comments:
Amen Kristin. God is working great things in you. Ryan's life was healed and God is using his life to touch thousands!!
it is really incredible that you are able to see that through your grief. i know that this journey is difficult for you, but you are such a strong woman. always amazing me with your faith.
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21. God has and is doing a great work through both Ryan's life and yours.
thank you for sharing this today, kristin. such a great reminder that God's ways are better than ours (even though sometimes we may question them!)
Post a Comment