Monday, March 16, 2009

I could really...

... use some prayers right now.

I have not been feeling like myself. I am struggling to wrap my mind around a lot of different things in my life. I don't even know how to describe the past few days:
  • I have felt very lonely.
  • I have lacked patience with Lily and Wyatt and the tantrums they have taken to throwing.
  • I have felt overwhelmed with the responsibility of owning a home.
  • I have wondered where God is going to lead us from here...

To me, wondering where God is going to lead us from here is an interesting thought. If He had revealed to me a year ago all that He was going to ask me to go through, I probably would have thrown my own temper tantrum (that is, if I believed Him at all). I know that God knows what is best for me. I know that He is using situations and people in my life to help me transform into a different person. I know that I am still on this earth because He still has work for me to do here. But sometimes I do wish that I could see brief glimpses into my future (as long as they were glimpses of a happy, perfect life).

Anyway...here are some pictures of my little rays of sunshine, the two people who make it a little easier to get out of bed each day!




Enjoying our new backyard...have I told you how BIG it is (it goes all the way to the wooden fence at the "back" of the picture)! Lily and Wyatt would live outside if I let them. Thankfully our BIG backyard is completely fenced in!

Here is a picture of Lily and Wyatt hanging out in the cupboard above our pantry (roughly 5 feet in the air). They thought it was great and are very disappointed that I decided to fill it up with random kitchen appliances rather than them.

My sister-in-law, Amanda, is getting married in a few months. Lily and Wyatt are in the wedding, so we have been looking for a flower girl (a.k.a. princess) dress for Lily to wear. She LOVES being princess! (I will, however, need to teach her that it is NOT appropriate for a princess to lift her dress up!) :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just prayed for you Kristin. Grieving is such a painful process, I wish you didn't have to go through it.

The photos of Lily and Wyatt are so cute - your backyard is amazing, I am jealous! (in a godly way of course ; ).

Jolynn said...

wouldn't that little window into the future be nice. my heart aches for you...that unknowing feeling of the future is scary. just know that you aren't alone (even though i'm sure it feels like it). we're all here, kristin - praying you through.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you! I cannot imagine how hard this is for you. (((hugs)))

Kelly said...

Im so sorry you are going through such a hard spot right now Kristin. All I can say is GRIEF STINKS!!! I certainly do not like it one bit and I wish that we never ever had to feel such pain - I am so thankful that God promises us a time of perfect peace, no tears..no pain...no uncertainties..nothing but worshiping God!! Oh what a joy that will be!
I want you to know that you are doing amazing - even though sometimes you might feel like you are losing it - you are really doing awesome!! Look at those two precious babes - so beautiful, so innocent, so loving..so much like their mommy and daddy!
Please know that SO many people are praying for you tonight..and every single day for that matter! We love you and we care so much about you - praying for peace and strength! God bless you hun...

Laura Hoekstra-Bettig said...

Praying for you, Kristin. The photos are wonderful. I am so happy your kids have that great fenced in yard for play.

I think you are all probably having adjustments of your own about now. Moving is high on the "stressful life events" scale and it doesn't surprise me they are "acting out." Hang on, hold on, you are an amazing mom and you just might need a few more "mother's helper" afternoons.

If the move weren't enough, heading into this "home stretch" of memories of what you were doing last year before Ryan's homegoing is not going to be easy. You WILL get through this time of your life because God is holding you, whether you feel His arms or not. And your friends will continue praying. XOXO

Tami said...

Kristin,
I am lifting you up & I know others are too. I hope you can feel it.
I would love to come & hang out with L&W some day when you need a break. I may not be able to teach them how to throw a football, but I could pick up a jelly donut on my way over...let me know when they need a break from you (or vice versa:) We love You!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i know that it is difficult and painful, but kristin, you are such a strong woman. you can make it through this, you can do it. i am saying so many prayers for you. the pictures of lily + wyatt are adorable. sending you hugs + prayers...

Jessica said...

Praying for the peace that passes understanding...God has made you an incredibly strong woman and I am blessed to have you as a friend. You amaze me with your walk, becoming more and more like Christ. This too shall pass and your eyes will be opened to His plan in His timing of course:-) Praying for you lots today!!

Rose Alane said...

I'm so sorry this is a hard time in grief for you. Isn't it interesting how grief comes in waves?... sometimes calm, sometimes ripples and sometimes with whitecaps. It's so not fun, I know.

Let God use this time to love you and comfort you. Pull close to Him and let him love on you through your kids, family and friends. I know it may not always feel like it, but you are doing great!

God has your future in his hands! What better place to have it be! He has great, wonderful and fun plans for you. He takes pleasure in mapping out our future... in HIS time.

Something that God has spoken to me about alot in the past few years is how to trust him. This is so hard to learn, but so vital in how we walk through life. He knows your heart Kristen.

Praying for you...

Anonymous said...

It seems as though you are having a week like I did last week. I will definitely be praying for you. Hopefully tonight I can bring a little happiness into your day. I'm excited to watch BL with you. Love you my friend!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers