I have not got caught up in March Madness this year. Just the thought of filling out a bracket brought tears to my eyes.
Ryan LOVED March Madness.
Every year since we started dating, we would both fill out brackets and have a friendly competition between the two of us. We would then watch as many games together as possible, tracking the winners and teasing each other about who was winning and who was losing. I just couldn't bring myself to fill out a bracket; it would not be the same without Ryan here to compete with me. In the 6 years of our relationship, I was usually the winner (thanks mostly to the help of my students). Last year Ryan won, but he was too sick to even know. This year, this year it doesn't even matter...
4 comments:
Hugs to you my sweet sister-I'm so sorry...
my thoughts are with you.
I remember how much Ryan love March Madness - even in high school he'd do the brackets with Mitchell and Heyboer and it would dominate our math class we were in together. I'm thinking of you as you pass this 'first' this year.
I am so sorry Kristin. I apologize if Woody watching made it harder. Your Husband was so great, I know you know that. Funny though, I didn't know your bracket would win, maybe he let you win;)
Post a Comment