Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday Afternoon Update

Things are stable here at the hospital. Ryan's carbon dioxide is a little higher this morning, but the doctors are not too concerned because his ph is the same (I don't know exactly what all of that means).

The most disappointing news is that currently they do not have a bed available for Ryan at U of M. He cannot be flown there until a bed opens up in the ICU. To my knowledge, that means he is on hold as far as the transplant is concerned. We are hoping and praying that God will open the door for Ryan to get to U of M. We all feel that would be the best place for him right now, but we also know that God's timing is perfect!

I will be at the hospital most of the day. The kids were with my sister this morning and they are with my mom for the afternoon. They are handling all of the craziness so well and they are such a bright spot for me and for all of the family that is going through this with me.

2 comments:

Kandy said...

Thanks for posting Kristin! I will be praying that a bed opens up at U of M quickly! I praise God for you and your love for Ryan and faith in God. God's timing is perfect and so are His ways!! Love you and hope that you say you want to see me soon ;) (lol)I am ready to drive up and see you :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the update about Ryan. I have been praying for you all all weekend. I am praying that a bed opens up and good weather for the flight when it does. Know that all of us at Evanston are thinking and praying for you all.
Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers