Today is yucky! It is gray and rainy outside and that is my mood too. I was hopeful this morning that today would be a good day, but it has been difficult. Ryan's oxygen was at 70% when we got in this morning, but it is now down to 60% (down is good). His chest x-ray from today compared to yesterday does show a lot of improvement, so that is a good thing too. Ryan has been running a fever for most of the day and it seems to keep going up instead of down; they just gave him more ibuprofen so hopefully that will help the fever break. Donna, Ryan's nurse, is AWESOME!!!! and she has given Ryan great attention both yesterday and today. She has been able to give him good therapy that is getting a lot of junk out of his lungs.
They are talking about needing to give Ryan blood because his levels are low. I am hoping that this will help his body as it will give him more red blood cells to carry oxygen around. I also believe that Ryan will feel better if he is able to have a BM (sorry if that is too much info). Please pray that both of those things are able to happen and that those are the things that will allow his body to begin doing the work that it needs too.
1 comment:
Sorry you had a rainy day all around, physically, emotionally, and mentally! I will pray God will provide some sunshine tonight and tomorrow! It's good that Ryans oxygen level is down. I will pray that his tummy starts working and would provide some relief, as a nurse I know the importance of that :). Thanks for keeping your blog so updated! I really appreciate it!! Love you lots! Jackson and I are still sick so we won't be able to come visit for probably another week. Sorry!
Post a Comment