Isaiah 43: 1-3
"Fear not, or I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name;
you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
Some of you may wonder how I can write "Thankful" when I sit in a hotel 2 hours away from Lily and Wyatt with my husband in the hospital on a ventilator. I am not thankful for either of those 2 things, but I am thankful for so many others this morning.
I am thankful:
- that I have a heavenly Father who is carrying me through this trial, who is with me as I pass through these waters and through this fire.
- that there are so many people lifting both Ryan and myself up in prayer (I think it is literally thousands of people).
- for the the encouragement and love of family and friends.
- for the generosity of so many people that have helped the costs of hotels, food, gas, etc.
- that Ryan has an AWESOME team of nurses, doctors, and respiratory therapists caring for him and making sure that he gets the best care possible (not to mention putting up with me and all of my million questions).
- for a God who can heal my husband and already knows what our future holds.
- that Lily and Wyatt are happy, safe, healthy, having fun and doing very well (even if Mommy misses them so much it hurts).
- for my parents and their willingness to give up so much to take care of Lily and Wyatt so I can be here by my husband's side.
- for family and friends who are helping my parents with Lily and Wyatt and making meals for them.
It is so wonderful to be a believer in our awesome God. I do not know how I would get out of bed each day if it weren't for his love, strength, grace and mercy!
Please pray today for:
- Ryan's oxygen needs to come down.
- Ryan's fever to come down.
- Ryan to be able to have his trach placed early this week.
- Strength for me as I sit by his side, especially tomorrow -- it will be my first day by myself.
- Wisdom for the doctors and nurses.
- Safe travel for visitors coming and going today.
- Ryan to understand and accept everything when he wakes up (I don't think that the doctors explained the possibility of a trach to Ryan prior to putting him on the vent, this is not at all what we were expecting 1 week ago).
2 comments:
I know how you can write Thankful, in the strength of our GOD. So proud of you Kristin. You are are a great Wife, Mom, friend, sister and the list goes on. Above all I think that God would say you are a wonderful follower of Christ! Keep the faith! I am praying daily for you and your family. May God continue to give you His presence and peace during this time!
I'm praying for him and the family!
Post a Comment