Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Remembering

The first week of the month never fails to fill my mind with memories. There are both good memories and bad.

Today is the 3rd and it is a reminder that in two short months my babies will be three....how is that possible...it is a happy memory to remember them entering this world 34 months ago.

Today is the 3rd and it is a reminder of the last time I saw Ryan sitting up in a chair and eating Chili's chicken strips, a favorite for him. June 3rd was the last time he was able to get out of bed. It was a moment that filled me with hope after a very difficult day in the ICU.

Thursday is the 5th and it is a reminder of our wedding day, July 5th. Happy memories as we started our life together...we had no idea what God had in store for us over the next five years.

Thursday is the 5th and it is a reminder of the night I had to say good-bye to Ryan, our last I love you's, our last kisses.

Friday is the 6th and it is my nephew, Charlie's, third birthday. He was born 8 short weeks before Lily and Wyatt. He has a smile that lights the room. He creates many happy memories!

Friday is the 6th and it is a reminder of the day Ryan went to heaven. It is a reminder of our dreams ending. It is a reminder of being an incomplete family.

Memories both good and bad fill my mind and my heart today...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't imagine-thinking of you and praying for you.

Kelly said...

Kristin..
Our losses are different, and our 'days' are different - but yet I know how you feel. Ryan and Liberty surely are the "lucky" ones, not having to trudge through the water day after day...praise God that we have friends and loved ones to help us get through - and Praise God that through Jesus we will be spending eternity with these two very precious souls...

Thinking of you each and every day! Praying for peace and strength always..God bless you and those precious little ones - soon to be "big ones"! :o) 3 is such a special, special age - all of a sudden you will wake up to these new little people, with big attitudes and more ways to express their love for you! So special!

God bless u..
Kel

Combs4 said...

I've been thinking of you today. The first week of every month I wonder how you are doing. I know it's hard. It's hard to watch or read rather, how difficult it is. I pray and I pray - that's all I can offer. Love YOu!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers