Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine Memory...

Well, it is Valentine's Day. A day to spend with the one you love. It is the day that started it all for Ryan and I seven years ago. Here is the story I have written in my journal of memories about Ryan (thanks, Kelly!!!):

Our first date wasn't really even a date. Ryan and I were both single and not loving the idea of Valentine's Day as February 14, 2002 rolled around. I mentioned my disdain for the upcoming holiday to Laurel (his mom) and somehow it came out that Ryan felt the same way. We ended up agreeing that we would meet for dinner at Famous Dave's, both of us wearing black.

It was really meant to be a friend thing. I didn't know Ryan that well. We had chatted a few times at his sister's basketball games and at a Super Bowl Party his parents had, but that was the extent of our friendship.

I remember being a little nervous, but overall I was just glad I wouldn't be sitting at home alone on Valentine's Day. Ryan was a true sweetheart and a hopeless romantic. Even though it was not a date he brought me a light pink rose. When he handed it to me he said "This is because every girl deserves to have flowers on Valentine's Day."

I didn't know where things would lead after that first date, but Ryan made sure that I felt special from the beginning!


I LOVE YOU, RYAN!


We Love you, Daddy!

**Kelly also sent me the cute hearts to put by Ryan's grave. Thank you for your thoughtfulness!!!

4 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

happy valentine's day kristin. i hope that you and lily and wyatt have a beautiful day together. the picture of the two of them is wonderful. hugs + prayers.

Kelly said...

Happy Valentine's Day Kristin!

Thank you SO much for sharing this special memory with us - I think Lily and Wyatt will love to read the cute little memories you write in your journal. I am thinking about doing something similar to remember Liberty so her sisters can have something special to hold on to later in life.

Do you and your sweet little valentines have anything special planned for today?? We decided to 'celebrate' on Thursday night.. for some reason it's really hard for me to 'celebrate' anything without Liberty - so doing it before or after the actual day has helped me a little bit (yeah, can't really explain that one too well..but it works and thats all that matters right?)

Please know that we are certainly praying for the three of you and thinking about the love that you and Ryan shared on your very first Valentines Day together!

Lots of love and hugs sweet friend! God bless!
Kelly

Laura Hoekstra-Bettig said...

Beautiful photos, Kristin! I loved reading your memory. Ryan was a very special husband and daddy. The hearts by his grave are precious. I hope you feel the love of Jesus today...the One who holds your heart and the hearts of your little ones, in the palm of His outstretched, scarred hands. He is a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief. He understands.

Valerie said...

I love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers