Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sunshine Through the Clouds

Today there are clouds.

Today my mind has flashed back to a year ago. Sitting at Ryan's bedside. Crying. Praying that a bed would become available at U of M, so he could be transferred there and receive the best care possible.

Today in the car, Lily said "yesterday, I saw Daddy sleeping at my church." In reality her yesterday was 9 1/2 months ago at Ryan's visitation. I had to remind her that Daddy is in heaven now. Wyatt's response to this conversation: "I want Daddy to hold me in heaven."

Today I had to remind my children that we have to wait until Jesus tells us it is our turn to go to heaven.

Today there is sunshine through the clouds.

Today I found out that our property taxes have been reduced to match the purchase price of our house -- I was told they could be reduced, but not to expect it to be by that much. Praise God for another blessing!

Today my children told me they loved me.

Today my children made me laugh.

Today my children's laughter filled my house.

Today my children were excited to see the big bunny in the mall!

Today God's love surrounds me and his grace sustains me!

6 comments:

Christy said...

I'm so happy for the sunshine. Your strength is amazing.

Michelle Swidrak said...

You really have some great kids. They are just so precious.

Anonymous said...

What amazing children! And what wonderful news on the taxes! Hope you have a great week!
Angela

Combs4 said...

Thanks for your continued inspiration! I love you!

Kandy said...

Thank you for your faith. Thank you for leaning on Jesus and demonstrating HIS power and strength in you and your life. Thank you for allowing the sunshine to peer through and not allowing the storm clouds to overshadow. I am so glad your kids remember Ryan and know that he is with Jesus. I love you. Am praying for you tonight!!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

My heart breaks for you, but it's so wonderful to see how God is showing his love and care for you. ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers