Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Overwhelmed by God

Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name;
you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord, your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
your SAVIOR.
Isaiah 43:1-3
These verses were sent to us last year while Ryan was in the hospital. They helped us to keep fighting each day. They gave us the strength to face each challenge and to know that we would be able to make it through whatever came our way.
I was reflecting on the words of these verses this morning and I was so overwhelmed by God, by His promises. They have reminded me that God has not let me go, even once, in the last year. He has walked beside me; He has held me up.
The trials in the ICU and the trials of this past year have strengthened me. They have refined me. They have stretched me. There have been days (even in the past week) when I felt like I was drowning or being scorched, but I have made it through each of those days. I am thankful that I have grown and changed, that I am not the same person I was a year ago. I am thankful for my God and His faithfulness to me through all of the waters, rivers, and fires.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you. God is good. Have a Happy Wednesday my friend. Enjoy the beautiful weather. See you tomorrow night!

Susie said...

Kristin,
As Taly's birthday approaches, I am reminded that this is a significant, although heart-breaking, time of year for you too. Since we're heading out of the country tomorrow, I just wanted to take a moment today to say - I remember. We remember Ryan often, and the life he led. We remember you often too, and the life you are now leading with your precious kids.

Love and prayers,
Susie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers