Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Next Phase

Ryan is feeling much better and they are planning on discharging him on Friday. He will be coming home on IV antibiotics, probably for another week or two. It will be nice to have him home!

His right heart cath is scheduled for next week Wednesday morning at 9:30. Ryan and I will leave on Tuesday night so that we don't have to get up so early this time. I think it will be another long day, with most of it being a recovery process for Ryan.

I have been emailing back and forth all afternoon with Jenni (coordinator at U of M). She has now received all of the test results from Spectrum and the only thing that we need is the right heart cath. I asked her when Ryan would be presented to the transplant board and she said that it would probably happen on Tuesday (3/11). They would assess everything and put a "hold" on it pending the results of his heart cath. The doctors would then look at the results of the procedure and she would be letting us know by the end of next week about his listing.

It is really overwhelming to me to think that we are moving from the evaluation process to actually being listed. I go from feelings of relief to feelings of anxiety. I am so glad for God's strength and grace to help us get through this next phase of life.

1 comment:

Stefanie Schocke said...

I will be praying for you guys over this next week. Wow, I can't believe Ryan might be listed as of the 11th. I will be praying for strength through all of this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers