Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday

Today was a good day! Ryan held steady all day using 55% oxygen. He seemed to be resting comfortably, his fever was down, and his stats were 93/94 for a lot of today! It seems like maybe we have started turning the corner. Also, the test for the intestinal infection came back negative. This is great, but they will run one more test just to be sure.

One major prayer request would be the results of Ryan's cultures. They are showing that the bugs growing in Ryan's lungs are resistant to ALL of the drugs that he is on. They will be able to change his meds tomorrow to more accurately fight his infections, but for now they are struggling to find the right "cocktail". Pray for wisdom for the doctors as they determine what is the best way to treat Ryan's infection.

3 comments:

The Nikkels said...

Kristin
still in our thoughts and prayers! We love you! Good luck!
Laura

jroelofs said...

Kristin:
Laura has kept us updated, but we want you to know again that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. You are an amazing young woman and God is certainly holding you in his strong arms. We promise to keep praying and know that our God can do amazing things!

Aimee said...

Hey Kristin,
I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Kristen (Dunham) Yaiko's cousin. I met you a few years back around the time of Kristen's bridal shower. I grew up hearing about Ryan and how he constantly amazed the doctors, breaking every record of any other patient with CF. It is such a blessing to read your updates (and I don't know how you manage to find the time to keep up with it!) and hear how Ryan is doing, and what he and the rest of your family is needing right now. I must say that I am in awe of your strength and faith. It is certainly a difficult situation, and you are such a beautiful example to everyone around you. I am certain that your trust in our loving Father is an amazing witness to those around you in the hospital. We are praying for Ryan's continued healing and believe that God will provide the lungs he so desperately needs. Love & Prayers,
Aimee and Shane DeHaven

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers