Sunday, July 6, 2008

1 Month

Today it has been one month since Ryan left this earth for heaven. I laid in bed this morning thinking about all the emotions that I was going through that morning. I watched the clock and thought about what I was doing at that specific time just one month ago. I thought about each of my last moments with Ryan. I still wonder why he was not meant to get his new lungs here on earth, but I know that one day I will have my answers. I just continue to pray that God will use Ryan to change people's lives.

I often wonder how I am going to get through this; how I am going to raise our children; how I will just do life without Ryan by my side. There is only one answer to all of my questions and that is: God. He continues to bless me and sustain me each and every day. He has provided so many HUGE blessings for the kids and I in the past month. I wanted to share some with you so that you can praise him along with me. May He be given all the glory for the great things he has done:
  • wonderful family and friends who have continued to support me each day
  • a church family that has gone above and beyond to meet all the needs of our family
  • Ryan's work helping with all the details in the financial realm (and beyond)
  • medical bills -- we really have NONE (at this point) which is a miracle!
  • Ryan's car selling in less than 24 hours
  • life insurance coming through without any complications when there "really" should have been
  • medical insurance for the kids and I at affordable rates
  • financial support from so many thoughtful and generous people
  • strength for each day through the transitions and adjustments to life

Thank you to those who have continued to lift us up in prayer and support us in so many other ways. God has truly blessed my life through all of you during this hard time.

2 comments:

Violet said...

big hugs to you as you continue adjusting to life without Ryan. big hugs

Eric and Carol: said...

Your faith and strength is a constant encouragement to me, and a humble reminder of how precious the little things in life truly are. We pray for you and the kids daily. May God continue to give you strength for today and tomorrow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers