Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Great Strides -- Sweeney Striders

This post is coming about 9 months early, but I want to get the word out. Next May I am hoping to walk in the Great Strides walk. I have walked two other times in a Great Strides walk, but then we had Lily and Wyatt and life got busy. (GREAT STRIDES: Taking Steps to Cure Cystic Fibrosis is the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's largest national fund-raising event. Tens of thousands of co-workers, friends and family come together each year as one community for one cause…to help find a cure for CF. In 2007, more than $34 million was raised to support vital CF programs.)

Even though I no longer fight CF daily, I want to make sure that others have the best resources to fight CF and hopefully research can continue to find a cure. Cystic Fibrosis is a horrible disease and I pray that God will give doctors wisdom to find cure -- SOON!

Please consider joining me in a Great Strides walk in spring of 2009. I haven't decided if I am going to walk in a local Great Strides walk or if I will participate in one in either Chicago or Ann Arbor. You can also think about walking at a site close to your home if you aren't near here. Sweeney Striders are going to be back to honor Ryan's memory!

1 comment:

Danielle in MO said...

I will continue to pray for you and your precious gifts.... your doing a great job being mom... I can't imagine how hard this must be for you... your husband would be so proud of you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers