Thursday, July 31, 2008

Great Friend, Good Food & A Crazy Pedicure


The past two days have been filled with a lot of fun. I drove down to Mishawaka, IN yesterday morning to help Val get her 3rd Grade classroom ready for another year and another batch of new students. We got SO much accomplished!


Val gives me all the tedious, yet mindless tasks so that she can focus on lesson plans. I usually do her bulletin boards, name plates, locker tags, etc.



All of our time does not get spent in her classroom. We ventured out to eat at different, fun restaurants (Chipolte and Olive Garden -- yum!) We also spent time wandering through different stores and laughing a whole lot.

One of our annual traditions is a pedicure. This year was no different although we will probably not return to the same nail salon next year.

We topped off our night last night with a beautiful sunset!

Who knows what adventures we will find tonight! :)

Please continue to pray for Grandma and the different loved ones effected by Tom's death. I would also ask that you pray for me as I head to the funeral tomorrow morning. Please pray not only for safe travel, but emotional strength as well. I am nervous about attending another funeral so soon after Ryan's.

This is a picture from Thursday night. We went to downtown Mishawaka where they have live bands playing every Thursday. We listened to some music and chatted with a friend of Val's. We also walked along the river there...it is so pretty and the night was beautiful!

3 comments:

Kori said...

So glad you had a great time. I will be praying for your strength tomorrow.

Kristen said...

What a good friend you have in Val! I am sure she greatly appreciated all of your help in her classroom. I am praying for you and the whole clan today.

Laura Hoekstra-Bettig said...

Kristin,

I am so sorry to hear about the death of your grandpa. And I will be praying for your strength at the funeral. I had some time tonight to look at your recent blog entry and will take some time to read through more.

I so enjoyed meeting you this week and you can be sure I will be in touch with you.

Blessings to you and your beautiful children.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers