But it was a Monday and that means it was a GriefShare night. When I started GriefShare, I did not like it. I felt alone even though I was in a room with a lot of other people who were grieving. But, God is good! He has brought people into my life through that group who are a true blessing to me! There are two women in the group who have encouraged me, lifted me up, and helped me keep going! (Thanks, ladies!)
God is good. I was able to get up today and feel his presence. I feel loved and I do have hope for my future, both eternally and earthly. I am choosing to go on!
Here are some of God's words that gave me hope yesterday! Thank you to all of my friends, GriefShare and otherwise, who gave me encouragement.
Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers,
when you face trials of many kinds,
because you know that
the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
Perseverance must finish it work
so that you may be mature and complete,
not lacking anything.
Psalm 139
1 O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.
2. You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O Lord.
5 You hem me in -- behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
All of Psalm 139 gave me encouragement yesterday. Not only for me but for Ryan as well. Verse 16 says that "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." How great to know that God knew when Ryan would leave us. God knew that Ryan's work on this earth was done. Praise God for his faithfulness, for his purposes that we may not always understand.
4 comments:
Bless your heart Kristin! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and raw emotion with us. I love your heart...God is so good...all the time.
I love that you mentioned Ps.139! I love that scripture. One of the songs on the Tommy Walker cd is based on Psalm 139...It's "Your Love". I'm so glad you feel His presence today! I'm praying for you! :)
It was truly great seeing you the other day. And I am really sorry if I seemed short. It was just one of those crazy days where the kids didn't want to listen...
Great words! I am constantly in awe of your thoughts and your strength. Keep it up. Each new day is a new hope.
I'm glad for God's continued speaking into your life. Thank you for sharing. I'm giving you an award - check it out and pass on the love
Post a Comment