Wyatt is such a sweet little boy. He is much more tentative than Lily, but he has such a compassionate little heart. He is the "comforter". If either Lily or I am crying, he is the one to come up and tell us it is okay. He gives great hugs! He wants to help all the time whether I am vacuuming or preparing dinner. He will not just jump in and join the crowd, but needs to take time to ponder the situation and what is happening around him. He is gaining more independence, but is still my little shadow a lot of the time.
Helping me prepare dinner!
Lily is a sweet little girl, but also a spitfire! She is a ball of energy and is much more outgoing than Wyatt. If we are at the park she is the first to let go of my hand and play. She always wants to go "up high" on the swings. She is inquisitive. It seems that while Wyatt is starting to break out of his shell, Lily has developed a little more of a shell. She is becoming more of a "Momma's Girl" in certain situations, but it doesn't usually last too long. She is able to give the type of hug where I let go, but she is able to hang from my neck. She has become very cuddly (which I love most of the time).Together, they are so much fun (minus the hitting, pushing and inability to share -- which is the minority of the time). They love to run and chase each other. They hold hands as we walk through stores, parking lots, or just out and about. They give each other hugs. They have to say good night to one another before taking naps in separate rooms (I often hear them calling to each other through closed doors). They have great fun together at night in their dark room, often giggling, laughing and talking for 1/2 hour or more. I am so blessed!
Visiting the "Daddy Place" ... they love to be there. They play and run and I just imagine Ryan smiling down and enjoying their laughter every time we are there!
6 comments:
Such a sweet post.
Thanks Kristin for just being... here.
what an incredibly touching post, thank you for sharing the beauty in your life.
That's funny that you poste pictures of the kids by Ryan's gravestone... we just went and visited Ethan's grave today. Elijah doesn't remember going there (he's been there several times, but not recently) and he wanted to "see" his brother. Kids are so cute....
Oh man, I can't wait to get my Lily and Wyatt hug! Looking forward to Saturday! Miss you!
Hi Kristin,
Just stopping by to see how you are doing!?! I pray that peace has settled in your heart the past few days. I know in grief peace comes and it goes..but always know that im praying for your peace! :)
I love the pictures of the kids looking at "Daddy's place". Those pictures are so bitter sweet in my heart. Everytime we go to the cemetery Aspen runs off, laughing and dancing without a care in the world..I think these kids are a reminder that life can still be good to us..we just have to re-learn how to sing and dance!
Praying for you dear friend!
Kelly
Beautiful post, Kristin! I love the photos. It is so good for your children to bring their life and energy into this place of remembering Ryan.
Which reminds me why I struggle with how many people "celebrate" Halloween. I love the fun costumes and candy part of things, but whenever I see the caskets, the fake tombstones, the "darkness" of death commercialized, it sickens me and makes me remember all that Satan has taken in his time left on this earth.
Our hope is knowing the darkness of death has been conquered by our Saviour, the One Ryan spends his days worshipping and praising with his unrestricted breath. I wish the Sweeney 4 were all together here on this earth but I am so blessed by your faithfulness in giving the sacrifices of praise on your blog. I know the price is high many days but you are His child and He delights in you, just as you delight in the beautiful children He gave to Ryan and you.
Have a blessed day today!
Post a Comment