Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Picture

After some pressure from a certain someone who will remain unnamed (but resides in the state of IL and is the maternal relative of my husband), I decided to tackle the task of a Christmas picture of Lily and Wyatt. The request was for a picture of the two of them in front of our Christmas tree. Now please remember that this picture is to be of two 2 1/2 year olds and also remember that one of these 2 1/2 year olds has a bad cold, has not slept through the night in a few days and has not napped well lately either. WHAT WAS I THINKING?

Attempt number one was a disaster that went from bad to worse.

So far, so good, two kids under the tree, but no one is looking.
Okay, now Wyatt is looking but with squinty eyes.
Lily is still refusing to look and Wyatt is getting bored.
Wyatt is doing a great job in this one, too bad Lily is MIA.

Lily is back, but look at that boo-boo lip!

Okay, we have lost her...attempt number one is officially OVER!
Attempt number two (at a friend's house, not even our own Christmas tree):
Two kids in front of the tree, both looking...progress.
Two kids in front of the tree, one looking and has a smile.
Cute, but lacking one face.
Again, cute but now lacking the other face.
Hmm...progress??
Hey, Lily, what do you have?
Still in front of the tree, but still no success.
Finally, both looking and even one smile!
Merry Christmas!

12 comments:

Christy said...

Haha.. thank goodness for digital cameras!!! It's the same way with my family. Someone is always closing their eyes or looking away in at least one of the pics. I only have 1 child to put on a Christmas card, and I still have to take like 20 pics!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful memory! Each picture is terrific! I want to see some pics of them making Christmas cookies!!!! :)
Take care
Angela
www.phoenixsfight.blogspot.com

Alicia said...

I totally understand the frustration of trying to get a decent photo...oh the pressure! But these really turned out great, and the rough start made the precious ending all the better!

Valerie said...

Thanks for making me laugh outloud...you made my day!!!!!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

you made me laugh out loud too! james is sitting on my lap looking at me like i am crazy! you should just make your card using a variety of these images...i think a lot of them are super cute!

Sarah said...

Too cute Kristin!! I love them all!

Kori said...

Awesome. I adore those kiddos. They are the sweetest. Lily with the boo boo lip breaks my heart I just want hug her. And Wyatt he is one cool cat.

Kandy said...

GREAT POST!!! I love it! Your kids are too cute!! Love you

Michele said...

Too cute...I will take one of each please!!

Kristen said...

I love the progression! And good thing for digital cameras that we can do that sort of thing now. :) The hugging is absolutely precious.

The Schmit Clan said...

Adorable!

Jolynn said...

oh do i understand those photo sessions!! you have adorable kids, kristin!! (not telling you anything you don't know already!)
love the ones of them hugging...even if it is lacking one face! hehehehe!
jolynn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers