Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One Month

One month from today (Feb. 21) the kids and I are planning to move into our new house -- yippee. Many of you have offered to help, but I am not very good at asking for help, so I thought that I would use the blog to list some of the different tasks that I need/would like done before we actually move into the house. We do get possession at close, which is supposed to be next week Friday. If you are interested in helping with any of the following tasks, please let me know... I would be extremely grateful!

  • Insulation in the attic
  • Exhaust fan installed in the bathroom
  • Bracing the knee wall in the attic over the garage??? (my dad would be able to explain this better)
  • Tighten the garbage disposal
  • Taking out the old counter-top stove and in-wall oven and replacing them with a "regular" range...I am hoping to be able to change it over from electric to gas as well. The built in microwave will need to come out and a hood put in as well...
  • Change our the faucet in the half bath
  • Possibly changing out the counter in the main bath...it is currently BRIGHT yellow!
  • Painting: Lily's room (purple); kitchen and dining room (green); living room/entry way/hallway upstairs (brown & beige); possibly some ceilings
  • Cleaning at the new house
  • Packing at the townhouse
  • Moving on the 21st or help with moving during the week before (I have A LOT of stuff in my parents' basement)

There are a few things that will need to be taken care of on the exterior of the house once the weather warms ups as well:

  • Replacing the service doors in the garage
  • Painting the front door...it is currently pink -- yikes!
  • Glazing the windows
  • Fixing the posts in front of the house

I appreciate all of you so much! You continue to overwhelm me with your love for us. I appreciate every ones' willingness to help us turn our new house into a home!!!!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so excited for this new transition in your life! Can't wait to see how you make it your own:-)

Anonymous said...

Count Shane and I in on the moving day and I will also help out packing/cleaning. Let me know when you are going to start doing that. Maybe night would be best after the kiddo's are in bed?? Let me know. I'm sure Shane will paint - I've already mentioned the "edging" part to him. Just tell us when. Seriously. ;-)

Unknown said...

Wish I lived close enough to help, the pink door may have to be made a priority LOL!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i wish i were close enough to help. hope all goes well!

OceanDesert said...

Congrats!!! Hope the move goes smoothly!

Laurie Gates said...

Kristin, I'm so glad you have this opportunity! It sounds like a lot of work, but I'm sure it will be wonderful for you and the kids, and you will get to see God's people surround you in help. I wish I could be there!
love, Laurie

Combs4 said...

I want to help with the painting - I love to paint:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers