On Monday, I decided that I was ready to make an offer on a house that I had gone through three different time. The first time we (the kids, my parents, and I) saw it, the owners were actually in the middle of moving out (their realtor thought that they were already gone..oops). I liked the house that first time, even in the midst of the chaos of their packing and moving. I saw the house again last week on two different occasions. Each time I walked into the house, it felt like home. I received the seal of approval from both my Dad and my brother-in-law (a builder), which only helped me to firm up my decision.
After praying about my decision for a few days, I decided that I would make an offer and see where it would go. The owners countered my offer, I countered their offer, and within 24 hours of my initial offer I found out that I will be owning a home on January 30, 2009.
The house is a multi-level home and it has a lot of character.
1st level: entry way, office/spare room, family room with a fireplace and a half bath.
2nd level (up 2 or 3 stairs): living room, dining area, and kitchen
3rd level (up 8 or 10 stairs from living room): master bedroom with walk through to bath, main bathroom, 2 additional bedrooms.
Basement: finished enough for the kids to have a nice playroom; utility area.
The house has tile floors in the entry, dining area, kitchen, and half bath. The upstairs bedrooms all have real hardwood floors. There is a 2 stall garage, a large fenced in backyard with a play set, and there is also an attic fan. It is on a cul-de-sac, so hopefully that will make it a quieter location (it has to be quieter than where we are now!). It is still only a few minutes away from my parents, so that is a huge plus as well!
The inspection is set up for Friday afternoon. I will try and get some "before" pictures up sometime this weekend and then of course I will take some "after" pictures once I have done all the decorating changes that I want to do.
I feel a great peace about this house and I am looking forward to making it into a home with Lily and Wyatt. Everything is falling into place...God is so good!
15 comments:
Congratulations!
Angela
Oh how wonderful.
I am so excited for you.
Congratulations!
Hi Kristin,
Im SO happy to hear about your new home - that is such wonderful news! I've been struggling lately and I think a lot of it comes from the fact that we are still in our same house that we were in when Libby died. We have been praying and talking, talking and praying non-stop about getting out of this house, and possibly moving to Texas..for a fresh start. Could you please, please say a prayer for us during all of this contemplation?? We will be praying for you as you enter your new house - im sure you will do a fantastic job making it feel like home! God bless you dear friend - Keep in touch.
Kelly
You are going to be a home owner...man, you're old!! =) I can't wait to come and visit the Sweeneys soon! Give the kids a kiss from their auntie!!!
Wow Kristin.. how exciting. I can't wait to see pics.
Thats great!!! Congrats!!! Can't wait to see pics!!
Wonderful news, Kristin! I'm excited for you!! :-) The house sounds wonderful...
oh kristin!!!
what a fun way to start a new year! sounds like everything is going smoothly. how do the kids like it? running all around i expect. fenced in back yard? culdesac? playset? sounds like God has gifted you the perfect place. i'm so very happy for you!!! hope all goes well, my friend
jolynn
AWESOME! I saw Rob tonight & almost asked, but decided I wanted to check your blog instead (I didn't want him to feel akward about talking about his "client"). I am so happy for you, Wyatt & Lily. We would love to help you move. We should have our truck back very soon from the body shop. Pull us all in to help with painting or whatever other little projects you have in mind. I had a ton of help from the girls when we moved here and it made it SOOO much more enjoyable to work among friends:) Can't wait to check it out!
congratulations!!! can't wait to see it!
Congrats, Kristin! I am so excited for you guys! I am also looking forward to seeing pictures. :)
CONGRATULATIONS Kristin!! I'm so excited for you & the kids! Do you need help cleaning, painting, decorating, etc.? Just let me know :)
or I can watch the kids while you do those things :) LOL !!
OH WOW... I am so excited for you all. what an exciting new adventure, and a bit of an overwhelming one as well. Can't wait to see pics!
Congratulations Kristin! Can't wait to see pictures of it!
Post a Comment