Thursday, April 3, 2008

Mid-Day Update

Today is going smoothly. Ryan's oxygen requirements have been up and down, but I am trying to take that in stride. They started him on a new antibiotic today that has shown to work against the bug he is growing -- yeah! finally!

Ryan "asked" me today why he couldn't talk. That was hard. He doesn't fully understand what has taken place over the last week and a half and he doesn't have the best memory right now, so things have to be explained more than once. When I explained about his trach he just kind of rolled his eyes. It was actually quite funny, but sad for me too. He gets so frustrated when he is trying to get me to understand something and then apologizes to me. I am not mad at all, I am just frustrated right along with him; I wish I could understand what hurts or what he needs. Please pray as we learn this new mode of communication.

Please continue to pray for the swelling to go down. They are giving him something to help with that, but they need to go slow so that his blood pressure doesn't drop. There is a difference with some of the swelling in his hands so that at least is good.

1 comment:

Kandy said...

Oh Kristin! I know how frustrating it is to try to talk to Ryan. Trust me you will become a pro in reading lips in no time at all. Be patient with yourself just as you are with Ryan. Will you tell Ryan that we say hello and that we can't wait to come and see him. We love you guys so much and I wish so much that we still lived close to eachother! I will be praying for the swelling and for the Lord to gift you with the ability to understand Ryan and that Ryan will begin to understand all that has transpired over the last days. I love you!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers