Today has been difficult! Ryan's nurse has not been giving the level of care that I have seen over the past week. It has been extremely frustrating and a little overwhelming. I had to talk with the unit coordinator. I truly believe that the lack of care has had a negative effect on Ryan's health today. He went from 60% oxygen to 75% oxygen and his other numbers just were not very good.
They actually ended up placing Ryan's trach this afternoon. It was scary for me because of how unstable he was today. I went downstairs to the OR waiting room while he was in surgery. The surgery was only 1 1/2 hours, unfortunately they forgot to tell me that he was done and back in his room (I found out after 2 1/2 hours of waiting total). The surgeons said that Ryan's surgery went well and that he was one of the easiest of the day. He looks so much better without the tubes going down through his mouth; he looks much more like himself.
He was quite alert after the surgery tonight and I even got a smile! He had a nurse that we have had several times. She allowed me to help with therapy tonight and I felt very confident leaving him in her care tonight. He was still at 75%, but they just wanted to have him have a few great hours.
Tomorrow is a new day! God's mercies will be new and hopefully things will start going in the right direction. Ryan's dad will be coming up tomorrow and staying through the weekend and my parents are coming on Friday and staying until Sunday...LILY and WYATT are coming too!!!!! We won't take them up to see Ryan because the doctor thinks it would be to traumatic for them, but I am sure that it will lift my spirits (until they leave of course).
1 comment:
Thanks for the update. I am so glad that you got a smile!!! I bet it made you all warm inside. I cried reading about it. YAY for Lily and & Wyatt coming too!! I will pray that God pours down blessings upon and and on Ryan tomorrow and even during this night. I can't wait until I can come see you! Hopefully next week some time. I love you girly!!! You're friendship means the world to me!!
Post a Comment