Good Morning! Thanks for your continued prayers. I am sorry that I was unable to be update yesterday. Ryan is doing well physically! His is down into the 40's on his oxygen and his PEEP is down to 5.0. They are planning on starting to wean him from the vent today! Also, Ryan seems to be stronger than people expected, he was sitting up, raising his arms and moving his legs all by himself yesterday. Our nurse yesterday said that he didn't think Ryan would be a hard patient to recondition. Praise God!
There are two big requests for today. First, that Ryan's lungs would be strong enough to breath on their own for awhile. Secondly, Ryan seems to be having some anxiety. He gets upset, frustrated, scared, and agitated. They had to restrain him over night so that he would not pull his trach out. I am going up there early today to try and help keep him calm. Pray that I have strength and patience...it is very difficult to watch him fight the vent and it is still difficult to understand him all the time.
I will update as I can...Ryan didn't want me to leave last night so I got in late. I think tonight might be more of the same, but I am praying that the Holy Spirit would fill Ryan with all comfort and peace today!
5 comments:
thanks for updating! I will be praying. As I said in my email I will pray for God to take away the fear and anxiety! Pray with him Kristin, it may help calm him. Your husband loves the Lord and knowing that he is not alone may calm his spirit. LOVE YOU!!
I am praying for God to reign as Prince of Peace in your lives right now. Keep leaning on the Lord, you and your entire family are in my prayers and thoughts! God Bless you all!
Praise God!
Isn't our God amazing? Some of your specific requests were answered yesterday! Just wanted to say again that I am praying for you all, and I will be very specific about Ryan's (and your) anxiety levels! May the Peace that transcends understanding envelope you both today.
Praise God for Ryan's significant improvements! We are praying without ceasing for all of you. May "the peace of God which surpasses all understanding" guard all your hearts and minds, especially Ryan's right now. Love and prayers,
Post a Comment