I know I have said it before, and God has always answered, but we are in need of another miracle. Ryan's lungs are giving out a little more each day. He has been between 90 and 100% oxygen since midnight. He is very tired and has spent the majority of the day sleeping.
Cathy, from transplant, came in to see us today and told us that she would tell us if she didn't think it would happen, but she fully believes that Ryan will get his lungs. Lungs have come up in other states, but the number one person from those states has taken the lungs each time (who can blame them?). Dr. Ojo was encouraging when she came in too. She said that the walk that he did yesterday would buy him a day or two of rest -- that's good, no walking is going to happen today.
God has blessed us richly in this experience. There are so many staff members here that are fighting for Ryan almost as much as we are. There are doctors that have moved on in their rotations, yet they continue to check on Ryan. The staff has become our family here and they make the pain of the hard days a little easier. The hugs and encouragement from them is what helps us both get through the day.
We also appreciate our families and friends for their support. We had a good visit with Ryan's mom, sister and sister's boyfriend as well as his grandma, aunt and uncle. It is all the visits, emails, and phone calls that lift us up and let us know that we are supported even though there are many days we are here by ourselves.
6 comments:
You may not recognize the name, but we got to Chapel Pointe with you guys. We and many other have been praying that Ryan's new lungs will come soon! Thank you for so much for the updates. We are thinking of you. Robert & Julie Martin & Family
Deuteronomy 31:6
Kristen & Ryan, My heart is often with you as you wait for restoration of Ryan's health. I wanted to let you know that my family as well as some girls from the "old MOSES group" uphold you in prayer regularly. Joy (Pipping)Eckstein & family
Kristin, you and Ryan are never far from my thoughts and prayers. There are hundreds of prayers going up for you two ALL THE TIME! We love you!!!
Laura
The LORD Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave nor forsake you! Do Not be afraid or discouraged (Duet 31:8) this is the first passage that came to mind when I've read the blog these past couple days. Ryan I hope you are finding peace and rest so you can continue on. Kirsten, I hope you keep finding peace and joy to keep cheerleading Ryan on.
Praying always. Thank you for your demonstration of faithfulness. Ryan, you are never far from my mind, I pray for God's healing for your body, and rest for your mind. Krisin, I think about you everytime I think of Ryan. I pray for your strength of mind and faith, for you to be encouraged by those around you in new ways daily. I pray also that our Almighty God would reveal Himself to you both (and those around you) in fresh ways with each new day.
we love you guys and are praying for all of you. Kristen, thank you for your faithful updates - I know sometimes it must be hard. Today thanking God that the doctor ordered rest for Ryan and hoping it is restorative for him. Love, the Thomas Family
Post a Comment