I am so blessed to have had Ryan for a husband! He was a great man as so many of you know; I love hearing all the stories about him that so many of you have shared. There were definitely things about Ryan that I had yet to discover.
What makes Ryan so unique in my mind is the way that he is still giving to me even though he is no longer here on this earth with me. He has touched so many lives with his great attitude, his funny sense of humor and his amazing faith. Those lives who have been touched by Ryan are now reaching out to Lily, Wyatt and me. One great example of this is through Ryan's work. Ryan worked for 5/3rd Bank as a Junior Portfolio Manager. He loved his job and he loved the people he worked with. The team that Ryan worked on is collaborating ways that they can give back to Ryan for what he did for them. They are helping me with all different facets of things that I would have no idea how to handle. They are also desiring to keep Ryan's memory and spirit alive at 5/3rd through different activities and ideas in the office.
I am so thankful to God for such a wonderful team of people who are going above and beyond in their care for the kids and me. I am so thankful to God that he gave me a husband who made a positive impact on those around him.
** SIDE NOTE **
For those of you planning on attending the Celebration of Life Memorial Service in Illinois, please be thinking of funny stories about Ryan that you may want to share. There may be an open mic during the service to share those stories. If you don't feel like to you could get up and speak, I would still love to hear the stories so that I can pass them along to Lily and Wyatt someday.
1 comment:
Kristin,
I was lead to your blog from Tricia and Nate's page and had to leave a comment. In 1999 I lost my friend to CF on the very day that his family was notified that his new lungs had been found. As I see that Ryan lived in the Chicago area when he was younger there is a definite possiility that he may have known my friend. I still reside in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and recognize the name of the school that you used to work at as one that is right around the corner from me!
I am so sorry that you lost your Ryan - from your words and pictures it is very plain to see that he was a truly remarkable husband and father. We will keep you and your famiy in our prayers in the upcoming weeks and months.
Colleen
Post a Comment