Sunday, September 21, 2008

a BIG weekend

We had a BIG weekend this weekend.

Papa Steve came up to see us again, so that always means an adventure filled day. We started out with a trip the apple orchard and where we saw a BIG apple. We also enjoyed warm cinnamon-sugar donuts and fresh apple cider. I bought some apples to make homemade applesauce. We also saw the really BIG horses that they use for hay rides.

During nap time, Papa Steve stayed home with Lily and Wyatt (who never actually slept) while I went out with my parents to pick up their BIG kid beds. I thought that I had my mind all made up, but of course I didn't. We ended up going to a few different stores, but I got them a bunk bed (separated into 2 twins).

While their "2 Papas" (what they call them when they are in the same room) were putting the BIG kid beds together, Nana and I gave the kids their baths. Before getting into the tub, Lily went potty on the BIG potty for the first time EVER -- yippee!!!

Lily and Wyatt watched their "2 Papas" finish putting the BIG kid beds together before heading to bed late (a bad combination with no naps). They did great last night in bed. They didn't get out once and they waited until I walked in this morning before getting out.

Naps today are not fairing so well. I have had to go upstairs a couple of times. One time they were both out of bed, the light was on and they had pulled out their choo-choo and were playing with it together. They are now just being loud and crazy...grr... I know it will take time, but BIG kid beds and potty-training are two tasks that frighten me as a mom :)

13 comments:

Kandy said...

I love the pics!! Lily's hair in a couple of them is great! How fast they are growing up!! I think its really great how often Grandpa Steve comes to visit you all. Love you, can't wait to see you!

Valerie said...

Ryan is smiling....big kids' beds...fantabulous!

Lori said...

sounds like a great weekend!

we used the methond found here: 3daypottytraining.com to potty train our son...was very skeptikal at first, but was trained in a jiffy! easy!

good luck with the big beds and potty training!

Anonymous said...

ok - so I just checked out the "mushroom" pics - HILARIOUS. I seriously can not believe it. I have NEVER heard of anything like that. How disgusting!!!

Violet said...

keep trudging thru. i'm not looking forward to potty training 2 either. hope they get used to their big kid beds quickly

Stefanie Schocke said...

Yeah for big kid beds! Sounds like they did great the first night!

Kate said...

I don't know you personally but come to your blog through Danielle Voss'. After being a quiet viewer or as Danielle would say (stalker)I decided to let you know I was here. One specific pic of Lily in the apple slide show looks a lot like your husband.

Blessings to you,
Kate - Ballwin, MO

Kristen said...

That was quite a big weekend! Love to see pictures of those kiddos. :)

Rachel Hamann said...

Wow. That is a BIG weekend. Love the cute teacher-esque touch to your post.=) You are super mom. Those are two BIG tasks to take on....potty training and big beds! You need to write a book. You amaze me!

Kelly said...

Hi there...I got a comment on my blog from you - so of course, curiosity got to me and I went to check out your blog! Im new to this whole new world of blogging and im lovin' it so far! :) God can certainly connect people together with this blog-business.

First off, I want to say how deeply saddened I am to read about your precious husband going off to Heaven...Far too soon in our eyes. :( We lost our little baby Liberty last October at 5 months. I know what you mean about grief! It's a bear. One minute im in an "okay mood", the very next second im sobbing on the bathroom floor asking the good Lord why! I want you to know that you are NOT walking this path alone..I am here for you if you EVER need to talk, cry, kick n scream, escape reality for 10 minutes, etc! Im here for you! I also want you to know that you are an AMAZING mother!!! You have kept your life going, despite all of your personal heartache. I know that I know that I know..your sweet hubby is smiling down on all the progress you have made with your two precious children! I certainly wish I could just take all of your pain away and erase what happened..sometimes I wish I could do that with my own pain - but of course, I can't. Grrr! Somehow we have to trust in God's plan..and sometimes the best way we can even get close to doing that is to cling to one another during our darkest hours! My email is momleavingalegacy@yahoo.com if you ever need a shoulder to cry on!

I pray that God wraps His arms tightly around you tonight as you drift peacefully off to sleep...

God bless you sweetie..hang in there, it's just a matter of time until we will be reunited with our loved ones agian.

In God's grace,
Kelly Turner

Jon & Robin Rees said...

We'll be starting the potty training soon, too! Micah thinks its cool to wear his "choo choo" undies over his diaper right now! Anyway, something I learned from the last two...try to keep potty training positive, and even tougher - try not to take their "failures" personally! Rewards and working on their time frame seemed to keep it fun and less stressful! They have lots of grandparents and cousins to call with their successes!
BTW, the choo choo diner is a train ride down to Des Plaines and then 1 block north. We recommend it, however definitely look it up online first, they have some rules regarding payment and time limits.
Love you and praying for ya! Robin

Danielle in MO said...

Kristin - thinking of you tonight -hope the kids are sleeping in their beds peacefully!! Like the new layout - looks really nice....

also - saw Kate left a comment... you should check out her blog if you get a chance - she is an amazing woman of Christ....

Katie said...

Perhaps we can get Lily and Kira together, and Lily can tell my little stinker how it is done! Maybe in the 2 year old room they can chat about the pottie. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers