Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A New Hope

God continues to amaze me with how he sustains me each day. Yesterday was a good day. There were still moments of sadness, moments of missing Ryan, but overall it was a good day.

Mondays are the days that I attend GriefShare and I must admit I was planning on throwing in the towel after last night. It was recommended to me that I give it at least 3 weeks, so I told myself that I would. That friend was right. Last night (3rd week) was good. Not necessarily because I had any breakthrough moments during the session, but because I have made a connection. There is another woman there who also has kids at home, school-aged but still a similar situation. We talked for a long time last night and I walked away feeling more HOPE than I have in awhile.

I have always had HOPE in God. I know that this life is temporary and that I will see Ryan again. I have HOPE in the fact that this earth is not my home and I will one day have eternal life in heaven. This woman gave me hope about my earthly life...it does get easier.

Thank you, God for a new friend!

2 comments:

Jaimee said...

What a beautiful blessing for you and I'm thankful that you didn't give up even though everything in you probably wanted to. You continue to be a lovely example for us all. Love the pic with Lily! You and the kiddos are prayed for and loved much!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i am so glad you stuck with it and ended up with a new friend who gives you hope!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers