It is premier week on television. For the last 6 years, this has been an important week in our house. Ryan was a huge t.v./movie guy, so we always enjoyed when the new seasons began, plus it was something that we could do together without him losing energy. It is just not the same for me this year.
Survivor is on right now and while it is playing in the background, I am not watching it. It is hard to watch without his running commentary on the different players. Prison Break was on Monday night. That is a show that Ryan really enjoyed and I would usually watch with him ... no interest now. Football on Sundays -- doesn't happen anymore. Most nights the t.v. isn't even on (except Tuesdays, Biggest Loser was the show that I made him watch). I know it isn't a bad thing that I am not enjoying television as much, but it is just another area that makes me miss Ryan (a.k.a. t.v. companion).
1 comment:
Hi again. I am so sorry to hear about the constant reminders of how different life is now. I know losing a husband is so very different from losing a child, however we too find ourselves in these "not the same" moments from time to time. We took our 3 year old Aspen to Princesses on Ice shortly after Liberty passed away.. I remember sobbing before we left because I would never be given the chance to take Liberty to Princessess on Ice..the same was true at Aspen's first dance and gymnastics class, and every time I sit down to feed Cheyenne a bottle I am reminded that I never got to do the same with Liberty... It's so cruel the way these things haunt us now...the things that used to be so great and special in our lives are no longer that way..I do know that the Bible reminds us that God has plans to prosper us, not to harm us ---- so somehow, someway, and someday God will bring joy out of these sorrows...It's just hard waiting to get to that point!! I hope you know that we are praying for you daily..hoping that God is bringing some "joy" into your heart during such a horrible, dark time! Hang in there sweetie..
Much love and many blessings,
Kelly and Family
Post a Comment