It is already Wednesday and I have not blogged about our Labor Day adventures.
Our day started early with a quick trip to Babies R Us. Even though Wyatt has only been in his convertible car seat for 18 months, he has already gotten too tall for it. Evidently it is supposed to fit kids up to 50" tall, but not so with my little boy. He must have a long torso because he has outgrown the tallest strap. I moved him into a car seat that will eventually turn into a high back booster and then just a regular booster. He seems to like it a lot, hopefully it will be the last car seat that I have to buy for him.
We then headed to one of the local malls to meet up with two of my former students. One of the girls is attending college out here and the other was up visiting her for the weekend. Is it really possible that I am old enough to have students in college? My first year students are starting to turn 21 -- wow, I feel old! (I taught them when they were in 7th and 8th grades.) Hillary and Eva it was so good to catch up with you!
After spending an hour with the girls, we met up with my parents and my aunt and uncle for lunch in the food court. We then headed out to my Great-Aunt Penny's cottage (that means she is Lily and Wyatt's great-great-aunt...crazy!). It was beautiful day to be out at Silver Lake. Evidently my family has been going out to this lake for 5 generations (Lily and Wyatt, along with my cousins kids, being the 5th generation), I think that is incredible.
Lily, of course, loved being in the water, but Wyatt wanted nothing to do with it. I was a little surprised about his hesitation because he had so much fun in the water at the campground on Friday. There were boats and Sea-Doos in this lake, so I am not sure if that was the difference or not. They did enjoy playing with all of Aunt Penny's toys, especially the barn and silo! I was able to enjoy riding on the Sea-Doo which I haven't done in about 7 years. It was nice to be alone on the water and just relax and have fun.
I don't have any pictures of our time at the lake because I forgot my camera in our rush to get out of the house. My dad took a lot of pictures, so I will have to get them from him and upload them so stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment