I started this blog about 16 months ago. When I started it I remember saying to Ryan, what in the world will I write about and who in the world will ever read it. Many of my friends were starting blogs and I enjoyed reading them, plus having Ryan's family live 4 hours away we thought it would be a fun way for them to "see" the kids.
The blog has become something that I love, a hobby if you will. I have never enjoyed writing, but I enjoy putting down my thoughts here on the blog. It has been my own personal journal through so many trying times. I hope its is a way for God to be glorified for all the things he has done and will continue to do in my life. It has been a tool for me to show off my kids, to inform people of Ryan's health and hospital stays, and most recently a way for me to express my grief.
I very rarely talk about my grief in person; most days people who see me will have no idea what I am really feeling. This blog has become my way of expressing just what I am feeling. It has helped me so much to be able to share my story of grief. I am hoping that maybe it is helping someone else in some way too.
Val laughs at me now, because I talk about "blog" friends like I really know them. I feel like I do know a lot of you. You have opened your lives to me through your blogs. You have encouraged my through your comments and emails to me. There are some of you who are also walking down a path of grief or are facing it in the near future. Some of you who do not "know" me have been some of my strongest supporters and I just wanted to say thank you!
4 comments:
I know exactly what you mean about good old 'blogland' Kristin! I actually haven't written the past few days because I have felt so much pain, so much sorrow, so much anger...almost to the point that if I did share my feelings people would think I was crazy! But who knows...maybe I am crazy! Grief has a way of getting to the pit of your stomach, twisting and turning it until it feels like you might just explode!! These are the feelings I didn't want to share.. but tonight you reminded me that its OKAY to grieve. People can take it or leave it..but its real and it hurts! Thank you for reminding me that I am not the only one hurting, that maybe sharing my experience through love and loss someone else will feel a little less "crazy"!
Im praying for you always!!! You are an amazing person and friend and I am thankful for your blog!!!
Much love,
Kelly
isn't it funny how much of your life blogging becomes?! i never thought it would become such a daily part of my life either!
Oh Krisitn I hope some day we do meet just so I can give you a great big hug. You are truly an inspiration. I am so lucky to know you even if it just through Blogland and Emails.
Hi Kristen, i just started my blog but it is so much fun. I enjoy reading your blog and you truly do feel like you know these people you read about. best wishes Jessica
Post a Comment