Saturday, December 20, 2008

Presents from Daddy

There are two things that I am really excited for Lily and Wyatt to get for Christmas. They are both from Daddy. If you knew Ryan at all, you know that he was usually in a dress shirt or pajama pants. I took those two items of clothing and had things made for Lily and Wyatt (and myself) for Christmas.

The first thing that Lily and Wyatt will be getting from Daddy is a quilt made out of several of his dress shirts. All three of us will have similar quilts, but there are some minor differences to make them unique: Lily's has a purple back and I only used the multi-colored stripe; Wyatt's is almost exactly like mine, minus one plaid, with a blue back; mine has a green back (it isn't done yet).



Lily's Quilt

Wyatt's Quilt

The second thing that Lily and Wyatt will be getting from Daddy is a teddy bear made out of his pajama pants. These are so cute and I can't wait to see their reaction when they open them (they have already seen mine and love to cuddle with it). I will have to take pictures of the bears after the kids open them, because I forgot to take the pictures before I wrapped them.


These gifts are priceless treasures!

Thank you so much to everyone who made these gifts! The quilts were sewn by my mom with a little guidance from my grandma. All of the squares were cut by my Pointe Group friends. The bears were made by a wonderful woman from our church.

9 comments:

Jolynn said...

i LOVE those ideas Kristin! greg's mom has made each of the kid's (on their bdays throughout the year) seth blankets. they are quilts as well but with pictures throughout the quilt. they have great memories of each of the pictures and they remind them of their brother. i LOVE the bear idea out of ryan's pajama pants - so priceless! i truly hope you are getting through these difficult weeks (these are the really hard ones) hope you have a Merry Christmas.
praying for you constantly
jolynn

Jessica said...

Kristin these turned out beautiful! Something they, and you, will cherish forever!!

K and K and kids said...

Wow...what an awesome idea and a gifts all three of you will treasure. Thinking of you all and hope to see you Friday!

Danielle in MO said...

what wonderful gifts for your children to have FOREVER!! What a great idea!!

Kelly said...

Oh these are soooo beautiful. You know I have thought about taking some of Liberty's blankets and/or clothes and having a blanket made out of them..but I don't know where to start!?! I can't sew.. everytime I have tried the whole machine ends up in a huge knot! lol Then of course I struggled with the fact of actually cutting up her clothes or blankets..but when I think of it, it might make more sense than what I am currently doing with them now...right now they are in large storage bins underneath our stairs along with the rest of her stuff. I can't imagine wrapping myself in her little outfits/blankets --- what a treasure! Such a great idea. Right now I sleep with this big pink and white blanket I made for her..im sure you have seen them. They are the fleece ones where you cut strips all the way around the blankets then tie all the pieces together...well anyway, that was Liberty's favorite blanket, she was so tiny we would just prop a pillow under her blanket and she would sleep ontop of it in the living room (she had so much medical equipment she had to sleep there)...so I snuggle with that blanket every night..but of course I worry about the day this blanket is so worn and tattered it falls apart..I think I will probably sleep with it until I am 100 years old!

Anyway. I LOVE the idea of their Christmas presents from daddy - maybe that should be something we do with our other girls. I am sure they would love to get a present from Libby!

I am thinking of you each and every day..praying for your strength and for peace. God bless you Kristin - you are amazing!

Anonymous said...

How come I didn't help with the squares?? I must not have been there. :(
Those are AWESOME gifts. What a great way to remember their Daddy. Merry Christmas Kristin!

Anonymous said...

What amazing gifts! Your children are so lucky to have such an amazing mother! Sending lots of hugs!
Happy Holidays!
Angela

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

they are both just incredibly amazing ideas, what a precious gift they will be to your little ones!

OceanDesert said...

What a wonderful gift for Lily and Wyatt to keep and treasure and snuggle up with... I continue to be amazed by your thoughtfulness to keep their daddy near. hugs to you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers