2009
It is New Year's Day and I am filled with uncertainty. One year ago, I had no idea that this is what my life would look like today. I look back at 2008 and I see blessings and great sadness mixed together. I see the worst year of my life, but I also see God's faithfulness -- without Him, I would not be in the place I am today.
I miss Ryan tremendously as I look to begin a new year. I miss the dreams that we had together. I miss what might have been. I wish that he was here with me to help me make some of the big decisions I will be facing in this year. I wish that he was here to see the meet another niece or nephew in a few weeks; to celebrate his 28th birthday; to see Lily and Wyatt turn 3; to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary; to see his sister get married.
I know that God will continue to be faithful throughout this year. I know that He will walk beside me as I make decisions, celebrate new blessings, and face new trials. I am thankful for a God who loves me and who has not left me yet.
5 comments:
Amen. Here is to a New Year with much love and many, many blessings.
Happy New Year Kristin. I really hope 2009 brings you lots of joy and happiness!!!
happy new year!
Wow...your husband sounds like he was great guy. I just caught up on your blog and it brought tears to my eyes. I have a 5 year old son that also has cf. Hope this new year bring you much deserved happiness.
Thanks for sharing your heart, dear Kristin...what a great reminder.
Post a Comment