Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hard Day

Today was a hard day! I was emotional all day knowing that the kids, my parents, and Ryan's dad would all be leaving today. I also knew that it would be hard to go past Brandi's room knowing that she was expected to pass away last night.

When I got to the hospital Ryan's oxygen was up to 90%. He was not that high for long, but he did go back and forth between 70 and 85% for most of the day. The 1st year resident was very discouraging too. She told me that the longer someone is in the ICU the worse things are. She also stressed their concern on Ryan's oxygen levels remaining so high. She told me that she didn't like saying such negative things about someone so young with such a young family, but that she wanted to be honest. (It is hard to tell you all this, but I want you to know specifically how to pray).

God did send an angel my way in the form of a nurse. Julie was Ryan's nurse last week Sunday and she came to see how I was doing this morning. Tonight after she was done working, she came to find me (it was not an easy task, I was sitting in a dark waiting room). She allowed me to cry and express some of my feelings. She encouraged me and told me that no one is giving up on Ryan. She told me no one can predict what will happen, but not to give up. She shared with me about another CF patient who just received his lungs a week ago. He was on a vent and in a similar place as Ryan, even a little sicker at some points. His oxygen needs were at 100% sometimes and there were days they didn't know if he would make it. He was telling her today about how much easier it is to breathe. YEAH! That is my dream for Ryan!

Tomorrow is a new day and God's mercies will be new along with it. I am praying that we can see and feel God's new mercies tomorrow!

3 comments:

Kandy said...

You are right--tomorrow is a new day and God's mercies are new each day! Kristin, I will pray for God to allow/enable Ryan to show some sign of improvement either big or small. I will also pray that God will continue to send people into your days that will touch your heart and help you as you need at that moment. I wish desperately that I could be there, that you could have a girlfriend to be with you and cry with you! Know that I am there in spirit and love you very much! Your nurse was right, NO ONE is giving up on Ryan, so keep the faith! 1 John 4 says, "and this is the victory we have--our FAITH!!" Keep going girl!!

Susie said...

Kristin, my mom showed me your blog over the weekend.... Know the Beebe women are also praying for you and I will keep checking in and Ben and I will be praying, praying, praying. May God's faithfulness be real to you today as he sends you blessings like the nurse to remind you of what he is capable of!

Kara said...

Hey Krisin,
(Warning, this may get long, but hopefully it's worth it!)
I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying constantly for Ryan and for you. Of course, that includes the whole of your family (Lily and Wyatt, grandmas and grandpas, etc.)...I find myself thinking of you all very often, even though it's been years since I've seen Ryan. The honesty and faith you show in your posts is amazing. I pray that God will bless you for it.

I was reading my Bible today, and this is what God shared with me:
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
(Phil. 4:4-7)

What a reminder in such a hard time! I hope it lifts your heart as it did mine, and I will always continue praying that He hears our requests and will give you that awesome peace.

-Kara

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers