Lily has been learning how to get herself dressed. She is great at getting her shorts on. Her favorite place to take her shorts off is in her crib, so I am used to going into their room at night and finding her pj bottoms on the floor. Last night was no different, except for one small thing: she took her diaper off too. I was sitting downstairs shortly after I put the kids and bed and suddenly heard a scream followed by lots of crying. I ran upstairs because I could tell something was wrong. I opened the door and saw her shorts on the floor. Lily was standing in her crib, holding her diaper, and crying her little eyes out and saying "ut-oh". She told me that she would not be doing it again. We will see...
Parks, Picnics, and Playdates:
The kids and I headed to a local park today with the families from our small group at church. It was so much fun. Every family was able to make it at least for a little while. The kids did really well playing and listening -- we are hoping to make it a weekly thing! There were up to 17 kids with us at one point, all between the ages of 1 and 8. It took Lily and Wyatt a little while to warm up to playing by themselves, but at the end of the 3 hours they were climbing all over the play structure without me! As you will see in the first picture, they were not big fans of the group shot :)
![]() |
| Parks, Picnics, and Playdates |
In Memory of Ryan:
Michigan Pulmonary Disease Community, Inc. (MPDCI) is a CF group that Ryan and I were recently introduced to. They give CFers the opportunity to interact in safe ways. We had been invited to a "Transplant" Dinner where pre- and post-transplant CFers get together and share what transplant is like and ask whatever questions there may be. MPDCI is also a great source for transplant because they offer grants to cover many of the expenses not covered by insurance companies (i.e. food, gas, lodging, etc. for caregivers). MPDCI has honored Ryan by publishing their July newsletter in his memory. Their September issue will again be in his memory but with his picture included.
Read the newsletter here: http://www.mpdci.org/beaver_bulletin/BB-2008-07.pdf

3 comments:
That is too funny about Lily!
What a nice tribute to Ryan!
Stefanie stole the words right out of my mouth! So ditto on that.
At least Lily was still in her crib!! That is so fun for the park dates!! What a great way for Lily and Wyatt and You to be able to interact with so many people. I'm envious of your friendships out there!! All i need to do is talk Woody into moving to MI :)
So cool about the tribute as well!!
Post a Comment